The simple fact is this: 1 in 8 people in central and southeast Indiana struggles with hunger and food insecurity. That means 1 in 8 Hoosiers worry about where their next meal will come from. To make matters worse, many of those people who need help are those who fall into a gap where they struggle to put food on their table and yet their incomes are too high to qualify for any federal hunger-relief programs, such as food stamps or free school meals for children.
Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana was founded in 1980 by concerned citizens who had a simple yet profound vision: no one in Indiana should suffer from hunger and malnutrition. Gleaners mission is to lead the fight against hunger in central and southeast Indiana by collecting, storing, and distributing food to those in need. Gleaners distributes food to hungry Hoosiers through a network of over 250 partner agencies including: emergency food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters.
You're already going to be covering a lot of ground while you're in Indianapolis, so why not make your movement evening more meaningful?
The NASPA/TPE Step Challenge is a great way to get #NASPAfit #TPEfit and #SAFit while supporting a great cause. As NASPA/TPE attendees move together, your steps will collectively accumulate. The more steps that we accumulate, the higher the donation NASPA will give to Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana.
The Challenge starts on Wednesday, March 9 with the opening of the TPE Onsite event, but you should sign up now by going to https://naspa.matchup.io. You can use several different platforms to track your movement like your iPhone, Jawbone, Fitbit, and Apple Watch - to name a few. Here is how to join:
- Create your tracking device account first. Before you connect your device to your Matchup account, make sure to have your username and password to your fitness tracker account. You will need this information to grant Matchup access to connect your device.
- Don’t have a fitness tracker? Use your smartphone and download the Moves App (iOS & Android). Matchup also connects with iPhone 5s (or newer) and Apple Watch (you must download the iOS app in the App Store).
- Go to https://naspa.matchup.io on your web browser
- Sign up for a Matchup.io account
- Select your device (fitbit, Apple iPhone, Garmin, Withings, Jawbone, Apple Watch, Misfit and MMoves)
- Once you select your device, you will get further instructions that pertain to that device on how to join!
- It's possible that you will have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the challenge and click JOIN
- Have an issue with your device or Matchup account? Check out the Help Center or contact support by clicking on the question mark [?] on the bottom right side of your Matchup dashboard.
Matchup supports these devices:
- Fitbit - Zip, One, Force, Flex, Charge, Charge HR, Surge, MobileTracker app
- Jawbone - UP, UP24, UP Move, UP2, UP3, UP4
- Withings - Pulse, Pulse O2, Activité Pop, Activité
- Misfit - Shine, Flash
- Garmin - Vívofit, Vívofit 2, Vívosmart, Vívoactive
- Moves app (iOs and Android)
- Apple Watch
- iPhone 5s and newer