If you're in search of a new opportunity in your career, now is the time to make the most of your journey. Now that you've created a TPE candidate profile, optimize employers' chances of discovering you and all that you have to offer.
Update your candidate profile.
- Set your Profile Search Visibility field to "Public." Employers cannot discover you if your profile is private.
- Complete every field in your profile. Employers depend on the information stored in your profile to get to know you more and to determine if their institution is the type of workplace that you're look for.
- List previous positions held. Provide employers with an understanding of your skill set and level of experience in specific work areas.
- Upload your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Let employers hear--from your perspective--the reason you're a potential match for their available roles. And if you're registered for TPE Onsite, remember to have your resume reviewed.
Your TPE candidate profile is your first line of entry to connecting with the employers who seek year-round to fill their positions with the right people. In addition, your complete profile brings you one step closer to employers who have registered for TPE Onsite thus far--and the many more who are sure to do so in the weeks ahead!
New Candidate Profile Fields
New fields have been added to your candidate profile to fill in. Read below for a description of each field.
- Institution Preference. List your preferred types of institutions from private, to public, to those with a religious affiliation.
- Job Interests. Select one or more niches within Student Affairs that align to your career path and professional identity.
- Regional Preference. Include in your profile the geographical areas in which you would like to work.
I Can't Find My Candidate ID Number? Have You Seen It?
We look forward to seeing all registered TPE Onsite candidates in New Orleans.
Once candidate ID numbers become available, you will receive an email message letting you know to view it from your candidate profile. In the meantime, as you contact employers, please be sure to include your first and last name, as well as the job title and the name of the institution filling the position. The absence of a candidate ID number does not hinder you from applying for positions nor does it hinder employers from accessing your public profile information.