The Graduate Ambassador (GA) strives to improve the quality of job search experience for graduating students through partnering with TPE as their official student representative. They regularly interact with graduate students in Higher Education/Leadership/Student Affairs/Counseling programs across the country providing outreach and educational opportunities related to career exploration, mentorship, professional networking and job search readiness. GAs also serve as an unofficial council, providing TPE with the graduate student experience and perspective.
For detailed information regarding the TPE GA experience, please refer to the 2024 TPE Graduate Ambassador Overview.
In addition to the communication skills, interpersonal and collaboration skills, and critical thinking skills Ambassadors develop over the course of the year, TPE provides GAs with the following:
- Dedicated mentorship (3 professionals will work with GAs for their full term)
- Opportunities for career coaching, job search support, and networking with professionals across the country
Additionally, TPE Graduate Ambassadors will meet jointly with NASPA Graduate Associates (GAPs) to talk about topics of interest in the field of student affairs.
October 1, 2023 - May 3, 2024
- Attend the Welcome & Orientation Friday, September 15, 2023 at 3pm EDT/12pm PDT
- Attend five (5) monthly TPE Ambassador professional development calls Day/Time
- Attend five (3) TPE Ambassador/NASPA GAP cohort calls on the first Friday at 5pm EDT/ 3pm PDT
- Promote TPE at on-campus events and promote upcoming TPE events via networks
- Serve as contact and resource for peers seeking information about TPE and career readiness initiatives in student affairs.
- Collectively coordinate & host a “Graduate Student Career RoundUp” during the Spring TPE Academy, February 12-16, 2024
- Provide TPE with feedback on what programs and services students need
Qualifications and Application Information
You must be an incoming or current graduate student pursuing a masters or doctoral degree in student affairs, higher education, leadership, counseling, or a related field.
Accepted students will be recognized on the TPE website and in publication.
- August 1 and closes September 8, 2022 at 11:59pm EDT