Philosophy of the TPE Ambassador Position
The Ambassadors will be working with The Placement Exchange in a variety of ways. Primarily, the Ambassadors will serve as the main communication conduit on campuses with their peers and faculty. They will be given the most up-to-date information about all of the positions available within Student Affairs on the TPE job board and at TPE Onsite event so that they can convey this information back to their campuses, particularly to their peers who are candidates. In addition, Ambassadors will be responsible for planning at least three programs on their campus engaging their community with the TPE experience.
Another great opportunity that will only be made available to the TPE Ambassadors is the potential to serve as a TPE Intern at the TPE Onsite event in San Antonio, Texas. Interns will be selected from the TPE Ambassadors. All of the TPE Interns will receive lodging during TPE Onsite, along with funding to cover travel and some meal costs.
Directed Goals and Outcomes of the TPE Ambassador Position
- Leadership role on campus in planning and implementing programs to support TPE and to serve peers who are gearing up for the job search process.
- Increased awareness of job placement services.
- Networking opportunities with Student Affairs professionals.
- Professional development via webinar and conference calls.
Terms and Conditions of TPE Ambassador Position Qualifications
- First-year graduate student enrolled in a master’s program with an emphasis on student affairs.
- An interest in serving the student affairs field and providing opportunities for your peers.
- Attend Ambassador conference calls (October through April)
Appointment and Contract Period
- TPE Ambassadors are selected by either the candidate's Chair/Dean of Academic Program or TPE
- Coordinators of the Local Resources and Talent Management subcommittee.
- Contract period is from October through May.
- Ambassadors will receive supervision from TPE Coordinators of the Local Resources and Talent Management subcommittee.
Community and Relationship Development Responsibilities
- Serve as a marketing "street team" on campus, distributing materials to peers
- Participate in team conference calls during the academic year
- Plan and implement three programs to promote TPE on your campus (October, January, and February)
- Provide feedback to the TPE Coordinators of the Local Resources and Talent Management subcommittee
2016-2017 APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED
The application deadline was Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 11:59PM ET.
Questions? Send a message to email@example.com.