Philosophy of the TPE Ambassador Position
The Ambassadors work with The Placement Exchange in a variety of ways. Primarily, the Ambassadors serve as the main communication conduit on campuses with their peers and faculty. They are given the most up-to-date information about a variety of TPE resources for Student Affairs professionals to share with peers and other prospective candidates campus. In addition, Ambassadors implement different programs and workshops that assist prospective candidates with their Student Affairs job search.
Directed Goals and Outcomes of the TPE Ambassador Position
- On-campus leadership role through planning and implementing programs to support TPE and to serve peers who are gearing up for the job search process.
- Increased awareness of job placement services.
- Networking opportunities with professionals in Student Affairs and Higher Education.
- Professional development via webinar and conference calls.
Terms and Conditions of TPE Ambassador Position Qualifications
- First-year (or non-graduating) graduate student enrolled in a master’s program with an emphasis on student affairs.
- An interest in serving the student affairs field and providing opportunities for peers.
- Attend Ambassador conference calls (October through May)
Appointment and Contract Period
- TPE Ambassadors are recommended by either the candidate's Chair/Dean of Academic Program or TPE.
- Members of the Ambassador & Intern subcommittee.
- Contract period is from October through May.
- Ambassadors will be supervised by the Coordinators of the Ambassador & Intern subcommittee, Kirby R. Gibson and Marcos D. Rivera.
Community and Relationship Development Responsibilities
- Serve as a marketing "street team" on campus, distributing materials to peers.
- Attend and participate in Ambassador monthly and bi-monthly conference calls.
- Plan and implement three programs/workshops that promote TPE on your campus.
- Provide feedback to the TPE Coordinators of the Ambassador & Intern subcommittee.
Another great opportunity that is only available to the TPE Ambassadors is the potential to serve as a TPE Intern at the TPE Onsite event. Interns are selected from the group of TPE Ambassadors. TPE Interns receive lodging during TPE Onsite, along with funding to cover travel and meal costs.
“Being a TPE Ambassador was a wonderful opportunity. Not only was I a resource for the second years in my program, I was an asset to my cohort and myself through all the knowledge that I learned. It was a great experience and it helped confirm that Student Affairs is what I want to do for the rest of my life.” – Relius Johnson, University of Central Arkansas
“I loved being an Ambassador and TPE Intern! It was such an amazing experience to connect with students and professionals from across the country. I enjoyed seeing professionals and their dedication towards helping students succeed as they enter the job search. Now when I head to TPE Onsite in the future I know what to expect!” – Kaitlyn Thruston, Appalachian State University
The 2017-2018 Application Period has been Extended Until September 24, 2017
Questions about the TPE Ambassador program? Send a message to Kirby R. Gibson and Marcos D. Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org.