Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The MIT Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences seeks an academic administrator to lead the implementation and management of its post-baccalaureate research scholars, graduate, and undergraduate educational programs. Operational management and strategic planning is an essential part of the role, from formalizing policy and identifying and implementing other best practices. Will serve as primary resource to faculty, staff, and students on academic programs; review and approve administration of the undergraduate program; oversee administration of the post-baccalaureate and graduate program; oversee all graduate student requirements and degree progress; participate in the administration and development of potential grants funding opportunities to support the graduate program; manage curriculum and educational database; and prepare educational statistics and reports. Will supervise two staff members.
- A master’s degree in academic administration, counseling, or student affairs administration (Ph.D. in a related field preferred).
- At least five years of experience in an academic environment.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to work closely with members of the department to ensure the success of students and academic programs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computers, extensive exposure to database management, and a minimum of intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Excel.
- At least one year of supervisory experience.
Interested candidates may apply online at http://web.mit.edu/jobs. Please reference job number 15553 and indicate where you saw this posting.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.