Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
|Job Type:||Student Affairs Administration|
|Location:||New Paltz, NY|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||< 8,000 Students|
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Student Affairs Staff
Budget Title: Assistant Vice President
Local Title: Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
Posting Date: October 25, 2019
• Provide direct supervision, training, and evaluation of the departments of Residence Life, Center for Student Media, Student Association, and the newly formed (effective July 1, 2020) Center for Student Engagement. The Center for Student Engagement includes oversight for orientation and new student programs, student leadership and activities, community and civic engagement, intercultural relations, and Student Union Building operations.
• Provide intentional opportunities for engagement and a sense of belonging for all students
• Maintain and improve high impact practices for student success including Living Learning Communities and the co-curricular transcript
• Ensure that the transition into the College, along with growth and maturation, for both first year and transfer students are supported through best practices
• Lead Student Affairs efforts to develop student awareness and empathy around issues of di-versity and inclusion
• Promote student community and civic engagement
• Serve as the President's designee for fiscal oversight of the Student Association and manage the Student Affairs CAS Block Programming Grant and Work Study allocations for the Division
• Represent the Division on institutional initiatives including strategic planning, accreditation and assessment
• The Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs will uphold the mission and values of the Divi-sion and work collaboratively with its seasoned and accomplished team of Directors to achieve our student learning objectives: https://www.newpaltz.edu/studentaffairs/.
• Master's degree in a relevant field of study
• Progressive record of at least ten years of leadership experience in student support admin-istration, including supervisory experience
• Demonstrated effective planning and decision-making experience
• Excellent communication skills
• A commitment to personal and staff professional development
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Terminal degree in a relevant field of study
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
Please apply by visiting
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Applications accepted until the position is filled, priority given to those received by 12/9/19.
Other important information about this vacancy:
This position offers full NYS benefits, which are among the most comprehensive in the nation.
Recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs, New Paltz is a highly-selective public college with about 8000 students. It is located on a beautiful campus 75 miles north of New York City in a picturesque area at the foothills of the Catskill Mountains with easy access to the City and nearby cultural and recreational amenities.
New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report") at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.