Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
Associate Director of Operations, University Union & Student Activities—SUSSI
|Job Type:||Student Activities/Union Facilities|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||< 8,000 Students|
Shippensburg University Student Services, Inc. (SUSSI) a 501c3 organization, is currently accepting applications for the Associate Director of Operations, University Union & Student Activities. Shippensburg University Student Services, Inc. is not a part of Shippensburg University, but serves the University’s students.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, The Associate Director works with the Executive Director to oversee the operations and student staff of the Ceddia Union Building (CUB) and Cora I. Grove Spiritual Center. The Associate Director will assist with the primary supervision of student managers and four student crew areas. Primary duties and responsibilities include student employee hiring, payroll, training and assessment and the daily operations of the union, including reservations and set-ups. This position requires a dedicated and motivated individual who can work autonomously and in a group setting within a fast paced student affairs department.
• Has direct supervisory responsibly for student staff, including Project Center Employees
Administrative, Operations and Event Management
• Assist in supervision of the student managers
• Facilitates the weekly CUB Operations meeting which includes, Managers, Unit Manager to review set-ups and staffing requirements for upcoming events and meetings
• Coordinates with the Camps & Conferences Office to schedule events for staffing and set-ups
• Coordinate inclement weather schedule
• Oversee all aspects of student employee operations for the CUB including;
o Recruiting, hiring and processing all paperwork for all student employees
o Works with Unit Manager with the managers to prepare all schedules including weekend rotations and requests for additional staffing
o Conducts formal evaluations and administers corrective action measures for all student employees
o Maintaining accurate and detailed employee records/files
o Provide ongoing training in all areas for all employees including cross training of areas
o Conducts ongoing customer service and leadership training for all employees and facilitates the mangers retreat & trainings
o Develops and updates student employee handbooks & manuals for each student employment area
o Responsible for coordinating multiple meetings including managers, all employee, training, etc.
o Develops and implements the employee incentive and recognition programs
• Approve special requests for the CUB and outdoor spaces
• Coordinate walkthroughs for event setups
• Primary oversight of ShipLink and will serve as the backup on data management for the site.
• Oversee the eSports Advisory Committee with faculty, staff, and students
• Provide back up and assists Spiritual Center and Unit Manager with maintaining the C-CURE system for the CUB including programming unlocking & locking doors and providing access before or after normal hours of operations, openings and closings during university holidays & breaks
• Manage the day to day entries for the operational budget for the CUB
• Manage operational purchases of the CUB through the guidance of the Executive Director
• Works with the Moving Crew to coordinate set-ups and additional equipment for large and/or special events
• Maintain the CUB’s Inventory of all equipment and furnishings and coordinates any replacements
• Oversees the CUB’s Digital Signage System including updating of policy, procedures & instructions, approval of submissions, maintenance and repair to the system, etc.
• Maintains, updates and serve as the backup person for the CUB’s website
• Manages and reviews all work orders and facility management
• Assist the Executive Director with implementing of policies and procedures
• Services as the primary supervisor of the Office when the Executive Director is not present
• Keeps up to date on all safety protocols for the building and communicates out to the build
• Will serve in the late night coverage rotation for the CUB
• Purposes student employment budget and hours based off of usage of building
• Oversees the door counting system and records trends/data
• Provide back up to the Spiritual Center and Information desk Coordinator with the tracking of the water bottle filling stations on a monthly bases
• Prepares and provides annual building update report
• Updates the campus assessment tracking system (Trak Dat)
A Master’s Degree and three to five years of related work experience in the student center or union operations with diverse student populations is required. Extensive experience in campus activities, leadership development and supervision of student employees is also required.
Successful performance in an on-campus interview is also required.
Please apply through the website.
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.