DegreeRequirementBachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.RequiredAdvanced degreePreferred
ExperienceRequirement10 - 15 years of related experience.RequiredExperience overseeing auxiliary service units.PreferredMinimum of 8 years experience leading and developing teams.RequiredPrevious supervisory/managerial experience.Preferred
Educational Condition Requirements
Description% TimeDetermines and establishes organizational structures and supervisory relationships; often responsible for managing a major segment of the organization.
- Provides vision, programmatic leadership and input for implementing short term and long vision for all Auxiliary operations based on the University Strategic plan, current trends, changing needs and demographics, working with department directors, campus senior management, and the Office of the President.
20Manages, prepares, administers, and directs organization-wide programs.
- Through several subordinate managers, reviews, assesses and develops new programs as needs emerge. Provides effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of the organizations' programs. Promotes a culture of high performance, leads the performance management process, enforces accountability, and develops leaders.
20Participates with other higher-level managers to establish organization strategic plans and objectives.10Makes decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures achievement of operation's objectives (operational and budget processes, academic and/or staff FTE, finance, recharge administration, fundraising, human resources, IT and space planning).10Instills strong management practices among subordinate managers.
- Provides for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence. Structures and leads teams to deliver outstanding services to the campus community. Establishes organizational structures and supervisory relationships.
10Represents the organizational unit in organization-wide and systemwide meetings and discussions.5Plans, designs, influences and implements organization-wide processes.
- Partners with central campus offices to develop best practices and internal processes that support the organization's objectives.
5Interacts with higher-level management on controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other high level managers.5May coordinate/oversee activities for other UC locations or external universities.5Advises senior managers on controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other high level managers.5Negotiates and directs agreements with other institutions, community enterprises and contracts for facility usage and employment services.5
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge/Skill/AbilityRequirementSkills in establishing and implementing customer service standards. Excellent ability to establish metrics for department and employee goals which measure effectiveness of contributions to efficient operations of department.RequiredAdvanced project management skills, including the capability to manage capital projects.RequiredAdvanced knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; accounting and payroll.RequiredExcellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations; skills in conflict management techniques.RequiredAdvanced skills in strategy development, systems planning and change management.RequiredAdvanced knowledge of administrative management theory and ability to translate knowledge into practice.RequiredStrong knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.RequiredExcellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple functions or departments through subordinate managers.RequiredAbility to establish mission and goals at the macro-level; to lead subordinate management to develop goals in alignment with mission.RequiredDemonstrated skills in employee supervision and HR administration. Interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and influence others.RequiredAbility to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.RequiredStrategic mindset with an ability to think through complex challenges, develop collaborative solutions and execute in ways that align with the organization's core values, with political savvy.Required
Special Requirements & Conditions
Special ConditionRequirementMust pass a background check.RequiredTravelRequiredTravel Outside of Normal Business HoursRequired
Other Special Requirements & Conditions
Level of Supervision Received
- Standard Office Equipment
- Bend : N/A
- Sit : Frequently
- Squat : N/A
- Stand : Occasionally
- Crawl : N/A
- Walk : Occasionally
- Climb : N/A
- Read/Comprehend : Constantly
- Write : Frequently
- Perform Calculations : Frequently
- Communicate Orally : Constantly
- Reason & Analyze : Constantly
- Is exposed to excessive noise : No
- Is around moving machinery : No
- Is exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity : No
- Drives motorized equipment : No
- Works in confined quarters : No
- Dust : No
- Fumes : No
Is Critical Position: Yes