KEES has been exclusively retained by Unity College in its search for a Chief Student Success Officer. The Chief Student Success Officer (CSSO) reports directly to President Dr. Melik Khoury and is responsible for leading the strategy and implementation to improve metrics and outcomes related to student success in the areas of student retention, persistence and graduation, student support, academic support, and co-curricular living and learning.
This senior position oversees comprehensive services for a passionate student body of 750+ and collaborates with faculty to maximize students’ success and well-being across a multi-dimensional platform (Student Life, Residential Housing, Athletics, Wellness, Academic Support, Outdoor Adventure and Registration). The CSSO administers an expense budget of $500,000 and leads 17 reports dedicated to carrying out multiple initiatives directly impacting students.
This position offers a competitive salary with generous benefits. Relocation assistance may be offered. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Unity College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Specific Requirements include:
- Demonstrated passion for Unity College’s mission.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the key areas of student success; must have experience in managing multiple departments.
- Successful experience preparing and executing student retention plans.
- Experience setting and meeting or exceeding retention, persistence, and graduation rate targets.
- Experience in managing 10 or more direct reports with additional indirect reports in different departments or functions.
- Project and budget management experience and accountability including financial strategy experience.
- Record of leadership and service that demonstrates integrity and accountability.
- Strong interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills; communication style that is reflected in appropriate interaction with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience integrating curricular and co-curricular programs to achieve student learning outcomes.
- Collaborative yet decisive administrative style that encourages informed risk and creative thinking.
- Experience or formal training in crisis management issues.
- Ability to respond effectively and ability to objectively coach others and make recommendations to resolve complex, difficult, and/or emotional issues.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration or a related discipline required, terminal degree preferred.
To apply, candidates must complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume. To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Assistant Vice President of KEES and Alison Lewin, Project Manager of KEES. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEES is a retained search and nonprofit consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders.
Unity College, America’s Environmental College located in Unity, Maine, is a leader in sustainability science, educating responsible, optimistic individuals committed to solving the world’s most pressing environmental problems. For over fifty years Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. The College serves a broad range of students from all backgrounds across the United States and the world. Student to faculty ratio at Unity is an impressive 15:1.