In support of Saint Louis University's Jesuit mission, the Cross Cultural Center promotes and maintains an inclusive environment of mutual respect for people of all backgrounds, cultures and identities.
Our mission is to promote multicultural awareness and education, provide support services to historically underrepresented and marginalized student (including faculty/staff) populations and help develop students into critically reflective and socially just leaders. Our efforts are grounded in cultivating knowledge and engagement through intentional collaborations, experiences, initiatives and programs.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a vital member of the Cross Cultural Center team. The Community Engagement Coordinator, supervised by the Director of Cross Cultural Center, is expected to work with the team to establish goals and strategies for the center. Under general direction, the Community Engagement Coordinator has primary responsibility is to strengthen and develop meaningful and sustainable relationships with external partners and stakeholders around social justice, diversity and inclusion; assists in the implementation of program initiatives for the campus community (faculty, staff and students); oversees community-facing programming; provides guidance and training to student organizations; and assists in the overall daily operations of the Cross Cultural Center
• Develops and implements educational programs
• Assists students, faculty, and staff in the development of programs to engage the community in program initiatives.
• Work with community organizations to build relationships for programmatic efforts for Cross Cultural Center and Division of Diversity and Community Engagement
• Collaborates with other University partners including, but not limited to: Housing and Residence Life, U101, Academic Support services, Center for Service and Community Engagement and Undergraduate Initiatives for the facilitation of workshops.
• Work to support Division of Diversity and Community Engagement strategic priorities and learning outcomes.
• Partners with departments on programmatic activities and events that supplement classroom experiences; works closely with faculty and staff in developing co-curricular activities focused on community engagement and restorative justice.
• Maintain a balanced calendar and schedule of office hours for committee, meetings, and one-on-ones
• Provide written reports (programmatic reports, monthly reports, quarterly reports)
• Participate in budget planning discussions and the development of the fiscal year budget with proposed and revised budget planning; oversee budget lines for assigned area
• Utilize quantitative and qualitative assessment to produce positive changes and provide quality service to faculty, staff, and students
• Support and administer approved department and/or division assessment programs/initiatives
• Capture feedback from campus community about academic, personal or community success/issues/concerns
• Track and assess intervention efforts for reporting purposes
• Assists with the coordination of related awareness, training, and educational programs in conjunction with University departments, and community partners.
• Plans and executes major community-sponsored programs for the campus community;
• Promotes dialogue and aid in the interaction among groups that represent diversity on campus; facilitates, co-teaches, and/or participates in the delivery of credit and non-credit bearing educational experiences.
• Serves on University-wide committees representing the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement.