The Student Activities Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Student Services Coordinator to join our team. The Coordinator of Off-Campus Student Services is responsible for planning programs and services associated with off-campus, commuter, and non-traditional students at UNT. While this position focuses on providing resources for these populations, the primary aim is to foster the mission of the Student Activities Center, Division of Student Affairs, and University of North Texas.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate and develop campus-wide programs and services associated with off-campus, graduate, online, commuter, and non-traditional students at the University of North Texas, including but not limited to:
Commuter Student Week.
Non-Traditional Student Week.
Alpha Sigma Lambda Inductions.
Family Fun Night.
* Advise non-traditional student organizations and off-campus programming board.
* Develop resources, including fundraising, to improve the effectiveness and success of off-campus, graduate, online, commuter, and non-traditional students.
* Coordinate the recruitment, selection, training, and management of off-campus programming board members.
* Supervise, train, and develop a graduate assistant.
* Prepare and administer budget for respective programs and services.
* Facilitate assessment activities that help improve the Student Activities Center and services/ programs for off-campus, graduate, online, commuter, and non-traditional students.
* Create reports for respective programs and services.
* Coordinate risk management initiatives for respective programs and services.
* Promote and advertise/market Student Activities Center and respective programs and services to the general campus community.
* Conduct presentations and trainings related to student involvement and leadership, along with respective programs and services.
* Develop relationships and work closely with other departments across campus (e.g., Transfer Center, Veterans Center, University Program Council, etc.).
* Serve as part of Student Activities Center staff support on all large-scale events.
* Represent the Student Activities Center on division and university committees, as requested.
* Perform related duties as assigned by the Director.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Excellent public speaking skills with experience in conducting training workshops.
* Ability to provide leadership and mentoring to student populations.
* Experience in networking across departments and programs.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to simultaneously execute multiple projects.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and computer skills.
* Some experience in customer service is preferred.