Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
Coordinator of Student Organizations
|Job Type:||Leadership Development/Programs Student Activities/Union Facilities|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||30,000 & Over Students|
Student Activities at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Coordinator of Student Organization to join our team. There are two positions currently available.
Responsibilities of the positions include, but are not limited to:
* Manage bi-annual registration process for student organizations.
* Manage new organization formation and approval process.
* Coordinate and develop training, programs, and services for student organizations at the University of North Texas, including but not limited to: organization fairs, advisor and officer workshops, CEO (Co-Curricular Experience Outcomes) Prep, presidents' mixers, Involvement Advising, and Eagle Awards.
* Serve as lead OrgSync (Engage) administrator and provide user training to students and staff.
* Develop resources to improve the effectiveness and success of student organization officers and advisors.
* Answer student organization-related questions about topics including policy, procedure, successful management, getting involved, etc.
* Address risk management issues of student organization events by serving as a member of the Event Safety Committee.
* Consult with officers, members, and/or advisors regarding student organization events.
* Coordinate risk management initiatives and ensure training and record-keeping complies with Texas Educational Code.
* Oversee student organization Event Application process and classroom reservations.
* Verify eligibility of student organization officers, per University policy, and serve as chair of the Eligibility Appeals Committee.
* Coordinate the recruitment, selection, training, and management/supervision of Student Activities student workers.
* Plan annual Quiz Bowl campus tournament and advise Quiz Bowl Club.
* Assist with the development, implementation, and interpretation of policies related to student organization functioning.
* Supervise, train, and develop a graduate assistant.
* Prepare and administer budget for respective programs and services.
* Facilitate assessment activities that help improve Student Activities and services for student organizations and their officers, members, and advisors.
* Create reports for respective programs and services.
* Promote and advertise/market Student Activities and respective programs and services to the general campus community.
* Conduct presentations and trainings related to student involvement and leadership, along with respective programs and services.
* Develop relationships and work closely with other departments across campus (e.g., Greek Life, Center for Leadership & Service, Rec Sports).
* Serve as part of Student Activities staff support at all campus-wide events. * Represent Student Activities on division and university committees.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Excellent public speaking skills with experience in conducting training workshops.
* Ability to provide leadership and mentoring to student populations.
* Experience in networking across departments and programs.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to simultaneously execute multiple projects.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and computer skills.
* Some experience in customer service is preferred.
Additional preferred qualifications listed online at http://jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66238.
Please apply online with the University of North Texas (Denton) HR.
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.