Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
Custodial Operations Manager
|Job Type:||Administrative Management|
|Location:||San Luis Obispo, CA|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||< 20,000 Students|
Come work for a nationally-ranked teaching university in beautiful San Luis Obispo!
Cal Poly is hiring a Custodial Operations Manager in the University Housing department.
To get more information about the position and Cal Poly, click here Custodial Operations Manager
As part of the CSU system, Cal Poly offers a very generous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance at low or no cost, enrollment in the Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS), and a tuition fee waiver program.
Under the general direction of the Associate Director of University Housing the Custodial Operations Manager serves as a member of a four unit department within University Housing and serves as an active member of the University Housing Management Team. The Custodial Operations Manager has assigned management and full supervisory responsibilities for the daily coordination and delivery of custodial operational services which include custodial, housekeeping, conference, contract, and assigned project supervision within a residence hall, apartments and office space of 54 building structures totaling over 1,572,605 square feet. In cooperation with the University's Office of Conference & Event Planning, supervises and coordinates the delivery of daily facility, housekeeping and support services to the conference program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Equivalent to four years of supervisory/management experience in a custodial or housekeeping operation. A minimum of two of the four years must be in direct custodial operations management. (A degree in business administration or a related field may be substituted for two years of management experience in custodial or facilities operations.) Preferred custodial management experience in a large institutional operations setting serving a residential or live-in community.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, DEGREES, CREDENTIALS:
Possession of a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
1. Extensive knowledge of custodial and housekeeping operations and all related aspects of facilities management.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of custodial services practices and applications.
3. Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
4. Excellent supervisory skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations and mediate conflicts with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications within a diverse population, strong listening and interpretive skills, and the ability to deal positively with unexpected developments and diverse perspectives in and outside the University.
6. Ability to make sound management decisions in a potentially hazardous or emergency situation.
7. Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing. Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
8. Ability to maintain high quality/standards of work, ethics, commitment, and professional responsibility.
9. Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
10. General knowledge of physical plant practices and systems, including working in multiple trades and skill disciplines.
11. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
12. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
13. Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
14. Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
15. Ability to manage a facility that is occupied and functioning at full capacity, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year round.
16. Working knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn to work with and interpret multiple collective bargaining labor agreements.
17. Ability to develop and interpret contracts and specification bid proposals.
18. General knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, including the development, projection, monitoring, and tracking of budgets.
19. Working knowledge of Cal/OSHA, Fire Codes, EPA (AHERA and NESHAPS) and safe labor practices and code enforcement.
Please go to the cal poly jobs page to apply.
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.