Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
Dean of Student Affairs
|Job Type:||Administrative Student Affairs Administration|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||< 5,000 Students|
The Dean of Student Affairs, as the chief student services officer, is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the student services. The Dean of Student Affairs coordinates university-wide student services planning and management. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, the Dean of Student Affairs is responsible for the offices of Campus Life (including Residential Life), Greek Affairs, Student Government, Student Activities, Counseling Center, Latino Resource Center, African American Male Resource Center, Campus Ministries, First Year Experiences Student Conduct and Academic Support .
Essential Job Function, Duties & Responsibilities
• Acts as the chief student services officer of the University.
• Assures that student services is an integral part of University Community and is supportive of the University’s mission, vision and core values.
• Responsible for the formation of annual student services budgets based upon predetermined need.
• Manages the student services budget and approves all expenditures.
• Provides leadership and supervision for staff development in the Student Services Division.
• Assists the Provost in recruiting, selecting, evaluating, and recommending personnel for employment, assignment and retention in the Student Affairs unit.
• Supervises all student organizations and activities.
• Serves as a member of the Provost’s Council and other assigned committees.
• Coordinates services offered through the student services program with other divisions and departments of the University.
• Cooperates with the administration, faculty and students in the formulation and implementation of policies related to student conduct.
• Provides in-service training for the student services personnel.
• Coordinates with Office of Enrollment Management and Colleges on recruitment initiatives and orientation activities for incoming students.
• Informs the Provost, Deans and University Community of all significant student services related development.
• Coordinates the revision of the student handbook and other student services forms and documents.
• Maintains data on effectiveness of student services and recommend changes to improve the quality of student services.
• Supervises the day-to-day functions of the unit.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by the Provost.
The position requires the execution of all job responsibilities and duties in full compliance with all applicable state mandates, university rules and Federal regulations. Position entails cooperation with the directives and initiatives of the Office of Compliance and its efforts to promote a culture of compliance throughout the university.
• A doctoral degree in Adult Education, counseling, higher education administration or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of administrative level experience in a two-year or four-year college/university in student services.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well with others.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students and the general public.
• Experience at the four-year college/university level.
• Experience at a Dean’s level.
• Evidence of technology training and usage.
Please navigate to the following web address to apply. You will need to create an account in the PeopleAdmin system in order to present your application. Click on the link "Apply for this Job" in the posting to initiate doing so.
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.