San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Director, Housing Admin Services
Job Number: 2022435
Location: San Marcos
Department: Dept of Housing and Residential Life
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full Time
Monthly Salary: $5,776-$7,083.33
Job Category: Exempt
- Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, or related field
- 7 years of full-time work experience in student housing.
- Experience with occupancy management or housing assignments.
- Experience with budget development and pro forma development.
- Experience with supervision of full-time staff.
- Experience with Marketing and Communications.
- Experience with human resource practices.
The Director for Housing Administrative Services will assume responsibility for the oversight of a cohesive business strategy and service delivery model for the department. Overseeing functions of occupancy management, communications, camps and conferences, off-campus living, human resources and business services, this position will seek to create a cohesive business strategy that is focused on responsiveness to student needs. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of Housing and Residential Life.
- Directly supervise five full time staff members in executing daily accounting support of the larger department.
- Assign and manage projects appropriately to maximize utilization of skilled staff members.
Budget Development and Oversight
- Responsibility for developing a recommended departmental budget annually.
- Responsibility for developing long term pro-forma and rental rate proposals for the Executive Director.
- Oversee recruiting and on-boarding functions for departmental staff at all levels.
- Provide guidance for revenue collection including billing, break occupancy, camps and conferences to be utilized to provide real time financial status for the director.
Occupancy Management Strategies
- Provide guidance and direction on a comprehensive occupancy strategy including oversight of departmental communications and summer occupancy.
- Oversee an occupancy strategy designed to ensure move new students from move-in to off campus living.
Policy and Procedure Management
- Work with all areas of the department to review, establish and manage policies and procedures.
- Oversee core business functions of contracting, revenue management, and occupancy management.
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date: 04/28/2022
Job Close Date: 5/18/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/38389 or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency