Western Colorado University invites applications for the full-time position of Director of Student Wellness. The Director of Student Wellness adopts methodical and balanced use of quantitative and qualitative data approaches to carefully, thoroughly, and continuously conduct whole-campus needs assessments to provide leadership and oversight to student wellness and student conduct to entire campus. The DSW will serve as a key point-person in the ideation of recommended opportunities to enhance student wellness and student conduct. DSW's leadership will include developing needs-based programs, developing web-based wellness materials and programs, collaborating with multiple university departments in program design and implementation, while also leading the student code of conduct, maintaining and enforcing the university's Student Handbook, conduct case management, and conducting meetings with students and other parties for adjudication of alleged conduct violations and investigations. While the DSW will serve all students, the DSW will pay extra attention to ensure engagement of traditionally underserved or marginalized students.
Western is a residential, public university with an enrollment of 3,400 students who come from across Colorado and all fifty states. Faculty members share a strong commitment to personalized education with the liberal arts as its core. They are student-oriented, collegial, energetic, and engaged in the campus and community. The curriculum provides flexibility where experiential learning and interdisciplinary approaches are valued. Western supports diversity, equity, and inclusivity of all types including ability (physical, mental), social class, racial/ethnic, linguistic, religion, sexual orientation, age, experience, gender, and cultural. Please see our diversity statement, and our DEII Committee charge. The University is located in Gunnison, Colorado, a rural community 200 miles southwest of Denver. At an elevation of 7,700 feet in the southern Rocky Mountains, the Gunnison Valley provides exceptional year-round outdoor recreational opportunities. Professionals have chosen Western because of the quality of life combined with rewarding careers. Visit http://www.western.edu to learn more about the university.
Western Colorado University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus.
Student Wellness System. The DSW will maintain and grow a comprehensive peer education program that encompasses the areas of suicide prevention, mental health needs, sexual misconduct, drug and alcohol misuse, healthy relationships, and overall student wellness, which includes recruit, train, and supervise student Peer Health Educators (PHEs) in the implementation of primary prevention education curricula.
- Wellness Campus Leadership. The DSW will co-lead Western’s Campus Assessment, Response and Evaluation (CARE) Team and serve as an active member of the Behavioral Intervention Threat Assessment (BITA) Team, helping facilitate CARE Team meetings with partners across campus and the community and critically evaluating and providing guidance in responding to student crisis, safety concerns, and support for students in need.
- Student Conduct. The DSW will maintain and disseminate the Student Handbook on an annual basis. Lead the administration of the student conduct process by serving as case manager for high-level student conduct cases, including those involving allegations of substance use, vandalism, harassment. The DSW will oversee the expansion of restorative practices across campus both within the conduct system and the community at large.
- Conduct Campus Leadership. Lead team of conduct administrators, including providing training on the conduct process, due process, bias in questioning, and other related topics, disseminating resources on being a conduct administrator and chairing a panel, and serving as point person for process questions when organizing panels and hearings.
- Training. The DSW will plan, create, coordinate, and implement regular campus trainings and education programs in the areas of health and wellness, and conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.Western.edu/jobs. Required attachments for online application include a letter of interest, a résumé/CV, and contact information for 3 references.