Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||< 15,000 Students|
POSITION: Financial Director
Full-Time / Benefited / Salary / Exempt
RECRUITMENT ID: 643
EMPLOYER: CSU, Chico Research Foundation - an auxiliary organization of CSU, Chico
DEPARTMENT: Foundation Administration
COMPENSATION: $90,000 - $120,000 per year, DOE
The CSU, Chico Research Foundation is seeking an experienced and analytical Finance Director to drive the Foundation's financial operations. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills. The successful candidate must be able to guide financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, ensure compliance with accounting regulations, and collaborate with and maintain effective working relationships with the University and Foundation teams, faculty, students and external constituent groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the general supervision of the Foundation Executive Director, recommends and implements financial policy for the Research Foundation and (in accordance with a contract for services) the University Foundation, develops financial statements and accounting reports in accordance with GAAP, ensures the integrity and completeness of financial and accounting systems and, in general, serves as the financial service-delivery and resource person for the two foundations.
Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversees all accounting operations
• Develops policies and procedures pertaining to the financial management of the corporation
• Provides a variety of contract gift administration services to the University Foundation
• Supports financial oversight related to sponsored programs functions managed through the Foundation
• Provides financial information and reports for the Foundation and its component divisions and projects
• Provides financial analysis of Foundation operations to campus managers, Foundation Board members, and University officers
• Remains current in knowledge of accounting principles and issues involved in grants and contracts administration, gift administration, and entrepreneurial operations
• Remains current in the area of taxation (e.g., UBIT issues, Non-Resident-Alien)
• Prepares non-profit corporation tax working papers (e.g., 990)
• Assesses the data processing, computing, and financial communications needs of the organizations and its users
• Coordinates and prepares financial statements and prepares for various audits
• Coordinates and prepares the budget schedules for the annual budget packet for the corporation
• Administers the financial and audit components of the employee benefit plans (e.g., 403(b), health insurance)
• Prepares materials for, attends, and presents at the Board and Committee meetings of the Research Foundation and University Foundation as needed
• Communicates effectively and earns/maintains the trust and cooperation of the constituencies that work with or are affected by the CSU, Chico Research Foundation
• Presents information to many diverse individuals and groups via excellent written and oral communication skills
• Promotes and maintains an atmosphere of excellent internal and external customer service
• Supervises, leads, and motivates Foundation accounting teams to produce quality performance and results within tight timeframes in a fast paced environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of five years, full-time experience in a senior financial management role
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or closely related field
• CPA license desirable, but not required
• Experience in administration of grant and contracts (sponsored programs) desirable, but not required
• Experience with the financial administration of a university auxiliary corporation desirable, but not required
• Must be able to successfully clear a DOJ/FBI fingerprinting check (Live Scan) prior to employment
BENEFITS: Benefits include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (up to 24 days/year); sick leave accrual (12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8% based on years of service).
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application and announcement can be located on the Foundation website. In order to be considered, applicants must submit the following:
• CSU, Chico Research Foundation application
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• 3 professional letters of reference
• Names and contact information for 5 professional references
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. Application review begins April 4, 2019. Applications received after April 3, 2019 may not be considered. Applications can be submitted:
CSU, Chico Research Foundation
25 Main Street, 2nd Floor suite 206
Chico, CA 95928-5388
CSU, Chico Research Foundation
25 Main Street, Suite 206
For questions, please contact the Research Foundation Human Resources office:
BY PHONE: (530) 898-6811 or VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://www.csuchico.edu/rfdn/
The employer is the CSU, Chico Research Foundation, a non-profit corporation serving as an auxiliary organization of California State University, Chico. Employment is considered to be at-will.
DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS
An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the Chico State University Police Department (530) 898-5372 or by accessing the following Website: http://www.csuchico.edu/up.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The CSU, Chico Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. It is the Research Foundation's policy to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work. Prospective applicants with a disability may request and receive reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.