Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
Help Desk Coordinator
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||< 30,000 Students|
The Customer, PC & Applications Support (CPAS) Assistant Coordinator is responsible for providing technical support, advanced troubleshooting and creating an effective student work force (which is the face of Technology Services) through supervision, training, and mentoring of the help desk student technicians. This position maintains a high level of customer service while providing direct IT support to an inclusive and diverse population of students, residents, and staff.
This position requires a solid IT background and broad range of technical knowledge related to support in a Windows domain environment dealing with Windows and Apple operating systems, network protocols, wireless networks, and mobile devices. Strong technical troubleshooting skills are a must as the position handles elevated calls as well as manages and trains student staff to handle Tier 1-2 types of calls/problems and will be their main point of contact.
HDS values exceptional customer service and this position is a highly visible key to fulfilling our commitment to be as supportive as we can when an end user has a problem and to make sure they are taken care of as quickly as possible. Effective communication within such a diverse user environment is critical when dealing with differences in cultures, languages and computer knowledge. This position helps maintain the face of Technology Services by training and mentoring the student staff to embrace the values of customer first service, inclusion, diversity and social justice.
This position reports to the HDS Customer, PC, and Applications Support (CPAS) Manager.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, CIS or related field
o Substitution: Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field plus two years of full time professional IT experience
• Two years professional experience working in a tiered IT help desk environment (in addition to the above requirement.)
• Two years of experience with leadership, development and supervision of staff (i.e.: full time, hourly, student hourly, intern, etc., concurrent with the above requirements.)
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Experience leading, developing and managing student staff.
• Current knowledge and experience with technology support best practices in a large, complex organization including the effective use of work order management software.
• Proven critical thinking and effective communication skills with a demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues through data collection, research, and troubleshooting.
• Experience with remote update systems in the Microsoft and/or Apple environments.
• Knowledge of, and/or experience with, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft OneNote, BMC Track-It, Windows Deployment Services, Citrix.
• Experience using and troubleshooting Windows infrastructure and services (i.e.: Group Policy, Event Logs, Active Directory, etc.)
• Experience supporting point-of-sales systems.
• Relevant knowledge and familiarity with Apple IOS, MacOS and/or virtual machines (such as Parallels) functioning within a Windows Domain environment.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, manage and complete multiple tasks on a daily basis in a high volume work environment.
• Understanding of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, public/private addressing, and wireless troubleshooting.
For full consideration, please apply by 9/8/2019, 11:59 pm (MT). Interested applicants must submit a cover letter which addresses how professional experiences align with identified required and preferred qualifications of the position, a current resume, and contact information for 3 professional references. Applicants needing assistance or accommodations may contact Emily Jansen at email@example.com or (970) 491-4703. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Jansen. http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/70493 CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.