The Office Manager serves as the first point of contact for students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, vendors, and other guests to the Office of Student Activities by responding to email and social media posts, answering phones and direct messages, and greeting visitors. The position engages in a variety of organizational and administrative duties to support the professional staff and student leaders working to achieve the mission of the department. This position reports to the Director of Student Activities.
The Office Manager position is clerical hourly, non-exempt, with benefits.
The Office Manager serves as the first point of contact for the department through excellent customer service while answering telephones, greeting visitors, and responding to a variety of inquiries in a professional and positive manner. Manage department email account. Refer and guide students and guests to resources available in the department and on campus.
• Hire, train, oversee student employees (office assistants) on a daily basis during the academic year. Supervisory responsibilities include hiring processes, Coordinating work schedules, setting of expectations, training and professional development, performance management and evaluations, and disciplinary processes including termination of employment.
• Collaborates with students and staff to promote student engagement in extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
• Manages and moderates the posting of social media channels for the department, creating compelling content that tells our story. Posts announcements regarding events, contests, or other opportunities using campus technologies to facilitate engagement.
• Maintains the department web site using Cascade CMS; develops, manages, and distributes other promotional items, marketing materials and literature as necessary.
• Assists the Student Activities team in the coordination of new student orientation, parent and family weekends, local Portland excursions to cultural or sporting events, and other annual events sponsored by the department or student groups affiliated with it.
• Serves on University committees as assigned.
• Coordinates and manages a variety of administrative tasks such as maintaining information, appointments, Microsoft Outlook calendars and records for the department, processing applications for various positions, distributing tickets, and managing reservations for events, programs or services.
• Attends staff meetings, records meeting minutes, and contributes to setting department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
• Proofreads correspondence and other materials, compiles descriptive statistics on office utilization, and assists in the assembly of the department’s annual report and other documents as assigned.
• Performs essential administrative functions such as opening and closing the office, distributing mail, organizing storage, ordering office supplies, making purchases and processing payments as needed.
• Assists the Director in daily oversight of the facilities for which the department is responsible, including processing work orders, reporting custodial and security issues, and serving as the primary operator for the copy machine.
For additional job duties and to apply for the position please see http://up.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=71480