As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Read More »
PROGRAM COORDINATOR-STUDENT ENGAGEMENT AND SPORTS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
|Job Type:||Health/Wellness/Drug and Alcohol|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||30,000 & Over Students|
Program Coordinator - Student Engagement and Sports Program Coordinator
Arizona State University
Sun Devil Fitness West
Being a part of Wellness at ASU as Student Engagement and Sports Coordinator means uniquely engaging in our mission of building an ASU student community that embraces physical, mental, spiritual, and social well-being of self and others as a hallmark of the Sun Devil Experience. We do this through the Sun Devil Way, exemplifying; achievement, engagement, and responsibility.
As an integral part of Wellness at ASU, the engagement team is leading the way in providing personalized frameworks for students to establish and maintain positive health habits at ASU and beyond. We do this by, assessing student health and wellness needs, providing a variety of programs and building environments that promote healthy living, decision-making and student engagement for students to ultimately be better equipped to succeed in their academics, career and in their personal lives.
The Sun Devil Fitness Complex is hiring two positions. One will be working primarily at the Downtown Phoenix Campus and the other will be at the West Campus located in Glendale, Arizona. This position is primarily at the West Campus and is responsible for developing student employees through the expansion and delivery of programs and services primarily focused on sports programs, student bike co-op and summer Kids Camp at all locations. The Student Engagement and Sports Coordinator works in a team setting to deliver programs and services across ASU’s four campuses in the Metro Phoenix area.
$29,304 - $36,000 per year; DOE
• Engage, develop, hire, train, schedule, and evaluate dynamic student team that consist of student coordinators, student managers, intramural sports officials, sport club event/practice staff, bike co-op staff and kids camp staff.
• Design and implement development and leadership opportunities for student employees.
• Create dynamic and consistent programming that promotes student community and meets the changing needs of the ASU student body.
• Assist with the planning and coordination of the officials’ training as part of the Intramural program, including Flag Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Softball, and others.
• Manage the organization of team registration and scheduling of all competitive and recreational sport leagues and tournaments.
• Develop collaborative relationship with clubs and organizations on campus to provide support and expertise to aid in programing initiatives
• Enforce program and facility policies correctly and consistently and ensure a high level of risk management is present in the programs and services.
• Provide ongoing assessment and evaluation of programs and services.
• Exhibit outstanding problem solving skills by addressing unexpected issues with limited supervision.
• Additional opportunities include assisting with: marketing and outreach, team and player recognition, budgeting and purchasing, and human resources.
• Responsible for taking a leadership role in cultivating, creating and ensuring student participation in ASU Spirit, Pride and Tradition while instilling institutional affiliation and college pride.
• Perform other duties as specified by the Associate Director, and Executive Director of Sun Devil Fitness.
Kids’ Camp Job Duties
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of Sun Devil Kids’ Camp including registration processes, field trips, and facility oversight.
• Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate approximately 60 camp counselors, managers, and coordinators.
• Oversee the management of all policies and procedures associated with Kids’ Camp programs and services.
• Coordinate the operations of camp including purchasing, arts and crafts, “Friday Fun Days,” wellness activities, swim lessons, field trips, etc.
• Interact with parents and guardians and ensure an outstanding level of customer service.
Administration Job Duties:
• Provide input in all areas of Sun Devil Fitness as a collaborative and team effort.
• Cultivate an inclusive and diverse environment for student participants and staff.
• Address patron comments, concerns, behaviors and conduct issues as necessary and with outstanding customer service.
• Create, implement, and maintain an effective marketing plan for the Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programs.
• Assist with creating, forecasting, monitoring and allocating the various budgets associated with Intramural Sports, Sport Clubs, and Kids Camp programs.
• Assist with purchasing and maintenance of program equipment and supplies.
• Conduct an on-going review and implementation of risk management policies and procedures.
Job location is primarily at either the Downtown Phoenix or West (Glendale) location; however the incumbent will be required to periodically travel to other ASU campuses to perform work and to assess programs.
Days and Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm; weekend and evenings will be required.
• Work in a fast-paced environment
• Sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to lift 35 lbs
Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) is committed to enrolling all qualified students at Arizona State University and assisting them in their academic success. EOSS provides a broad range of services and support to students and prospective students ranging from outreach efforts with K-12 schools, orientation programs for new freshman, bridge programs to assist the transition to a university environment, and a wide variety of services, programs and activities for enrolled students. EOSS has direct responsibility for multiple departments across four campuses, some of which include the Dean of Students, University Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Resources, the Memorial Union, Upward Bound and TRiO programs, Sun Devil Fitness, Student Government, Student Media, Career Services and others
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 43159BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=3542357
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Evidence of a Master's degree in Higher Education, Social/Behavioral Sciences, Recreation, Leisure Studies, Sports Management, or related field and minimum one (1) year of professional experience.
• Experience supervising, training, developing and evaluating student employees.
• Demonstrated experience in initiating collaborations with university and community partnerships.
• Demonstrated experience in cultivating an inclusive, safe and diverse environment for student participants and staff.
• Demonstrated experience with student leadership development in a higher education setting.
• Previous experience with Intramural Sports, Sports Clubs, summer camps or bike maintenance.
• Understanding of point of sale software and tracking systems such as Fusion, eTouches, and Salesforce
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Programs
• Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification or willing to obtain in first thirty (30) days
• Current American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor Certification or willing to obtain in first thirty (30) days
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 43159BR
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: It is the responsibility of a hiring manager to set up an interview experience where all candidates are evaluated on a level playing field, and set up to do their very best. Doing so broadly across all aspects of the interview process will not only help bring out the best in your candidates, but will also allow candidates to experience all that your campus has to offer.
In order to hire the best individual possible, it is vital that you have a trustworthy recruiting team that understands the mission and vision of the department/university, what it takes to be successful in that role, and a person who will accurately represent your institution while maintaining positive interactions.
Most student affairs positions require a combination of both education and experience. Even if your background does not include student affairs, your experience can be translated into student affairs.