Because your future is worth the investment!
Read More »
Residence Life Coordinator, R19034
|Job Type:||Housing/Residence Life|
|Institution Type:||Public, 4-year|
|Institution Size:||< 11,000 Students|
Residence Life Coordinator, R19034
$40,410.00 - $48,491.00 Annually
Bellevue WA, WA
5/17/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Not Eligible for Overtime
The Residence Life Coordinator reportsto the Director of Housing and plays an integral role in theeducational value added in on-campus living, including planning and coordinating student activities, fosteringcommunity development and accountability, supporting the Director of Housing and Student ConductManager with behavior intervention and the adjudication of student disciplinary cases, advising theResidence Hall Council, and providing ongoing resource referrals for students. The position willhave delegated authority to recruit, hire, schedule, supervise, develop, and evaluate the work of student Resident Assistants and part-time hourly student employees. Additionally, the position will have limited budgetary oversight for discretionary spending onstudent activities, will serve in an on-call duty rotation, respond to crises and emergencies asneeded, and may support other business and operations tasks within the Housing department and theStudent Life and Leadership unit.
This is a full-time, 12-month, live-in position in Residence Hallrequiring evening, weekend and holiday on-call duties. CPR certification will be required within 90 days of hire.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components.Competitive salaryis within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Generous benefitspackage is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiplemedical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visitBenefitssection, next toDescriptionsection.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of ourmission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL DUTIES
• Advise, counsel, and establish rapport with residents
• Analyze, design, develop, implement, and assess learning outcomes in the Residence Hall
• Oversee acomprehensive residence education model within the Residence Hall
• Support the development, implementation, and enforcement of policies related to student success in the Residence Hall with a focus on equity, developmental education, restorative justice, andcommunity well-being
• Advise student groups and organizations within the Residence Hall and provide educationalleadership opportunities for student leaders
• Develop strong, professional relationships with campus and community partners, including the Office of International Education, Athletics, StudentPrograms, Student Conduct, Title IX, Counseling, Public Safety, and others
Student Staff Supervision and Training
• In collaboration with the Director of Housing, recruit, hire, provide ongoing training, and evaluate the work of student Resident Assistants (RAs) and part-time hourly studentemployees
• In collaboration with the Director of Housing, coordinate, implement, and assess a comprehensivepre-move-in RA training program
• Develop and implement operating procedures, work plans, and ongoing professional developmentopportunities
• Attend and participate in department, staff, unit, division, and committee meetings
• Assist inmove-in and move-out processes
• Assist in the development and implementation of conference and guest housing services andinitiatives
• Administer front desk/customer service operations, including developing and enforcing staffprocedures and managing resident resources
• Participate in after-hours and weekend on-call duty rotation, provide trauma-informed crisisintervention when needed, and deliver appropriate information for reporting and following up
• Co-administer Bellevue College's Housing Management System
• Other duties as assigned or needed
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Education, Psychology, human relations, studentdevelopment or related field.Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis
• One year of professional experience in higher education or closely related field
• Ability to write and speak effectively; effective interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with diverse populations
• Experience planning and implementing events, activities, and/or learning experiences for diverseconstituents
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Master's degree from an accredited institution in Education, Psychology, human relations, studentdevelopment or related field
• One year of professional experience in student housing and/or residence life
• One year of supervisory experience
• Experience working with living/learning and/or theme communities
• Experience investigating and/oradjudicating student conduct
This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to Apply:
Click on the wordApplyat the top right cornerof the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
• Complete the supplemental questionnaire
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (min 1 pg, max 2 pgs)
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Because your future is worth the investment!
The Placement Exchange is pleased to announce a funding award to help first-time candidates attend the TPE Onsite Spring 2019 event in Los Angeles! The funding award will create an opportunity for candidates, who otherwise experience financial hardship by attending TPE, to receive some financial assistanceto help defray expenses associated with participating in the event.
As a registered TPE Onsite candidate, The Placement Exchange invites you to participate in an pre-TPE event session for additional preparation, early onsite access, and advice on the TPE experience.
As the recruitment season comes to an end and that new job is about to begin, it’s time to think about what “success” will look like for your new position.
Your resume is your first impression and a narrative of your education and work experience. However, choosing the right format for your resume that highlights your achievement can be a daunting experience.
TPE Executive-in-Residence Post: When constructing a search process to recruit and identify new team members it is important to us that our aspirations are the lens through which potential candidates view the position, division, and university.